Wednesday, August 20, 2008

eDictionaries

Some years back, I bought a dictionary book. It's a Merriam-Webster's 11th Collegiate Dictionary. When I unwrapped it at home, I noticed that it came with an installation CD. I immediately installed it into my laptop. This edictionary has been very useful to me, especially when I'm writing and reading using my laptop.

Aside from this edictionary, I also consult online dictionaries whenever I'm online. My favorite online English dictionaries are the Dictionary.com and the Yourdictionary.com. For Tagalog-English translation, I use the Tagalog-dictionary.com. Most of my officemates are Cebuanos; and, if I hear them said unfamiliar Cebuano words, I jot them down and consult the Philippine Online Dictionary (http://www.bohol.ph/diksyunaryo.php) when I'm online. This dictionary translates English, Tagalog, Cebuano and Hiligaynon. I also consult other local dialect dictionaries, such as Ilocano and Ibanag at www.iluko.com/ilocano_dictionary.asp and http://www.bansa.org/dictionaries/ibg/, respectively.



Read more . . .

*

No comments: